Key elements in Attracting Anthony, a novella by Amber Kell:
- The new-to-me word “werekin” for members of the human-to-animal shape-shifter kingdom.
- The werekin have their own nightclub.
- The club is owned by a man named Silver. He is the most powerful wolf shifter in North America.
- The hero, Anthony Carrow, is so extravagantly gorgeous that he casts a pulchritude diminishing “glamour” over himself so he won’t steal attention from his friend when at the club.
- It bears repeating that the characters use “glamours”.
- If the novella had been longer, I suspect they would have used “magicks”, as well.
- Silver is so rampagingly Alpha Male that he does everything but pee in a circle around Anthony.
- An ensemble consisting of black leather pants and a silver mesh shirt is “elegant”.
- Vampires are metro-sexual real estate professionals.
- Silver thinks Anthony is a fae-witch hybrid, but what he doesn’t know yet is…
- “My grandfather is Zeus,” he mumbled.
- As an added bonus to being a fae-witch with a godhead grandpappy, Anthony can teleport.
- Anthony is “claimed” when Silver puts an ancient Egyptian bejeweled gold collar around his neck.
- While Anthony and Silver’s large age difference wasn’t creepy, the parent/child undertone of their submission and domination relationship was super creepy.
- Yes, it was free.
- No, they did not get it on as animals.
This review is also posted on my tiny little blog.